Connect with Will
1. Listen to this fascinating Humanise The Numbers podcast with Will Farnell on the importance of your firm's purpose, vision and values.
2. Listen to this podcast discussion with Will Farnell on the full circle that brings your team back to focusing on relationships.
3.Listen to this podcast with Will Farnell on getting the balance between team first and client first right for your firm.
1. In this fascinating discussion with Will Farnell, Will shares the lessons he learned from writing both of his books and how those insights have driven him to realise that the technology he used so well in the beginning has actually helped him understand the importance of a firm's relationship with its clients. He simply says 'If you don't know your client, how can you help them?' Listen here:
2. Listen to this podcast discussion with Will Farnell on the importance to the success of your team and your firm of establishing your core purpose, your reason for why you do what you do. When you started your firm, you had a dream, you wanted to achieve something – what was it?
Both Will and Paul share the view that sometimes the purpose can take several iterations, but when you get it, it's a 'THAT'S IT' moment.
3. Listen to this Humanise The Numbers Podcast with Will Farnell on whether he believes an accounting firm should be team first or client first.
Will believes that, firstly, the client experience is driven by the purpose of your firm, and in a truly human-centric firm there has to be a balance between the needs of the clients and the needs of the firm's team.
Will also stresses that a highly engaged and skilled team will understand the goals and aspirations of their clients, while at the same time understanding and valuing their own goals and aspirations and those of the firm.
Do you get this balance right? Will openly admits that, for him, this has proved to be a challenge along the way. Listen here:
Here is a soundbite of the interview with Will Farnell