Connect with Daniel
1. Listen to this Humanise The Numbers podcast with Daniel Hood of Accounting Today on how to treat your team as individuals.
2. Listen to this podcast discussion with Daniel Hood of Accounting Today on the importance of spending time and money on leadership development.
3. Listen to this podcast with Daniel Hood of Accounting Today on the challenges facing accountancy firms when it comes to leading and managing change.
1. Listen to this podcast with Daniel Hood of Accounting Today. Paul and Dan spend a good deal of time at the beginning of this podcast talking about the importance of team development. They discuss the 'one size fits none' philosophy and why it is crucial to treat each member of your team as an individual, in terms of the role they have within your team, what they love doing, what they want to do in the future and the skills they need to develop.
Dan shares a great story of a firm that lets its team select from over 100 benefits so that they can choose those best suited to their own lives. Dan would choose quizzing and beer...
2. Listen to this podcast with Daniel Hood of Accounting Today.
Dan and Paul discuss the importance of spending time and money on leadership and team development and why it is important to help your team members as they navigate through their careers. Dan shares a great story of a firm that uses a 'cheat sheet' when recruiting people, detailing what a career path might look like if the candidate chose to work at that firm. This shows new team members that the firm take career development seriously. Listen to Dan expand on this and many other things here:
3. Listen to this podcast with Daniel Hood of Accounting Today. Dan talks about the rapid change that the accountancy profession has witnessed over the last 20-25 years and discusses the challenges confronting accountancy professionals in the US.
What you will discover is that the challenges that face US accountants are not dissimilar to those experienced by UK accountants - talent, technology and time. Listen to him break down these and other challenges in more detail here:
Here is a soundbite of the interview with Daniel Hood