Connect with Glenn
1. Listen to this fascinating Humanise The Numbers podcast with Glenn Collins, Interim Head of ACCA UK, about the importance of being a critical friend to your client.
2. Listen to this podcast discussion with Glenn Collins, Interim Head of ACCA UK, and learn why Glenn sees the role of accountants as so much more than accountancy.
3.Listen to this podcast with Glenn Collins, Interim Head of ACCA UK, and hear some valuable insights from Glenn about how to deliver greater value to your clients.
1. In this review I'll be sharing the highlights of a fascinating discussion with Glenn Collins, Interim Head of ACCA UK. It was great to spend time with Glenn, and he shared some very useful insights into how having a crystal-clear identity for your firm will enable you to deliver maximum value to your clients.
2. Listen to this podcast discussion with Glenn Collins, Interim Head of ACCA UK. Glenn discusses the importance of being a client's most trusted advisor, their critical friend, and the value of the accountant/client relationship. Establishing a real, trusted relationship with your clients puts you in a very privileged position to ask the questions that no one else can and to have robust, sometimes difficult, conversations about the future of their business. Glenn believes that if you do this with objectivity, integrity, care and professional competence, you really help your clients fulfil their ambitions for their business.
3. Listen to this Humanise The Numbers Podcast with Glenn Collins, Interim Head of ACCA UK. Glenn acknowledges the workload and pressures most accountancy firms are currently facing, and discusses the importance of only working with the clients you want to work with, of enabling your team to have more client interaction and of using the wider accountancy community for advice, help and support. Glenn is very engaging and enthusiastic about the accountancy profession, and this podcast is a great listen.
Here is a soundbite of the interview with Glenn Collins