Connect with Paul
1. Listen to this fascinating Humanise The Numbers podcast with Paul Barnes as he discusses the importance to his firm of providing his clients with regular quarterly or monthly information on their businesses.
2. Listen to this podcast discussion with Paul Barnes of MAP. It's an open and honest conversation on the challenges of recruitment and retention of the right people.
3.Listen to this podcast with Paul Barnes of MAP on the importance of systems, processes and checklists to his firm's success.
1. In this review, I'll be sharing the highlights of a fascinating discussion with Paul Barnes of MAP. We covered a wide range of subjects, but one set of things underpins everything at MAP: systems, processes and checklists. Paul has very high standards when it comes to delivering accuracy and efficiency for his clients, and paramount to this is delivering accurate accounts, allowing Paul and his team to have important value-added conversations.
2. Listen to this podcast discussion with Paul Barnes of MAP. Paul discusses the importance of their client-to-team ratio and how this ratio allows them to be proactive accountants.
When meeting with clients, Paul uses the phrase 'you have to meet the client where they are'. Listen to this podcast to understand what this means and why it is so important to the way Paul and the team work and build relationships with their clients.
3. Listen to this Humanise The Numbers Podcast with Paul Barnes of MAP. Paul talks about the importance of regular client calls and meetings to the value of the relationships his team have with their clients.
Paul calls the monthly or quarterly check-in service that they deliver 'panoramic accounting', meaning the clients have all-year-round open access to his team, and regular connection and communication are encouraged. Listen here.
Here is a soundbite of the interview with Paul Barnes